Sunday, May 25, 2008

The marvels of modern chemistry

While this may not look that impressive, I spent a good part on the day with tin snips making a 6" round piece of HVAC duct fit into a 6" square hole. I felt like part of Apollo 13. It looks much nicer with the duct vent on.
Before: the brick wall we wanted to expose in the bathroom that had some industrial paint on it.
After: a brush, gloves and paint remover. Wonderful stuff, just don't forget to open the window. And just so you know, there will be a cabinet at the top where the paint is still there. Note the block electrical box. You can't even guess how many times I hit that with my arm and managed to shock myself.
John did most of the work - he hung drywall in the entire closet and mudded most of it. I tried my hand at muddin' at the end of the day. My dad would be so proud.
The interior of the closet is drywalled and since it's hard to get a picture, you'll have to believe me when I tell you it's actually starting to look like a room.
Tomorrow it should really start coming together - we're hanging drywall most of the day since the plumbing stuff isn't in yet.

No comments: