Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July Happenings

Wow July is flying by. Summer always goes so fast and will be over before you know it. Sam is into her training for the Redman triathlon half ironman distance race in September in Oklahoma. I signed up for a short triathlon in Jackson county in August. I haven't done much in the way of training since the big race in Texas in February and need to get back doing something.

Sunday we saw Sublime at the river market. It was a good show, but more of a good sublime cover band. Other than racing, enjoying the heat, and going to a few concerts, nothing much is happening. Although our garden is out of control.
To illustrate that point, here is a shot straight up standing underneath the tomatoes. We now have tomatoes growing higher than I can reach jumping. The tomatoes are taller than the new 10ft stakes and I don't think I'm going to get anything bigger. At some point they have to stop growing, right?
Any day now we should have lots of squash. You could live under this squash plant. It has taken control of almost the whole bed.
Mmmm blue beans.
The vertical cucumber setup is working great. We are starting to get a few ready and there are dozens more on the plants.
I may be picking cucumbers from the roof.
We might be creating a cucumber/tomato super plant. Those cucumber tendrils stick to everything.
Saturday I did part of the 2010 psummer psycho race at wyandotte county park. I haven't been training much, that combined with the heat ended my day early. I got way too hot and stopped sweating and using some better judgement ended the day early. Smiling here but looking pretty pale.
Yep, that is pretty much how I felt.

No comments: