Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Warmer Weather

Well we made it through the cold snap the past couple weeks with only a few small leaks. I thought the dishwasher was toast after it froze and the heater turned it into an oven. Luckily with some warmer weather it just turned back on, good because I didn't want to buy a new one. We ran on solid ground last weekend which was a nice change after a month or so running on snow.
With the warmer weather I have started thinking about the garden. It isn't that far off. I am planning on building a series of raised beds to help access everything. I got the itch and yesterday ordered some seeds. Right now it looks like we will have tomatoes (heirlooms and romas), sweet peppers, hot peppers (jalapeno, chili, and kung pow), broccoli, couple types of lettuce, spinach, radish, and couple types of bush beans. I also ordered some sunflowers for the other beds. The herb garden is getting moved from next to the house up along the back wall.
Warmer wishes.

No comments: