Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bald for a Cause

Back at Thanksgiving, my best friend Kelly was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer. She has been undergoing treatment since then and two weeks ago she started chemotherapy. Needless to say, the last few months have been difficult for Kelly and everyone she's close to. She's still training to run the Boston Marathon in April. And, on her good days she still kicks my butt running.

Unfortunately, Kelly has started to feel the effect of the chemo and her hair has started to fall out. As a way to show support and to raise money, I have told people that for $1000 in donations, I will shave my head. And as soon as we reach $1000 I'm dyeing my hair pink and keeping it pink until March 12, when Kelly will shave it for me at a party her family is throwing.

We're almost at $1000 already and I've got the dye. My bosses are donationing $250 (and tolerating my pink, then bald head) which will put us over the top. So on Tuesday, I'm officially going pink.

No comments: